CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Month of July!

Wow...yet another month has passed in this summer of 2008! Hard to believe, I know. Bryon will be home on Saturday! I'm pretty excited. Okay, that's an understatement, so at the risk of sounding like a girly girl, I'll go ahead and say it. I am thrilled for him to be back home! I seriously cannot wait!
What, some may ask, have I done while the boyfriend has been gone for a month? Lots of things! Seriously! Things like helping my friend when it came to desperate measures with her 24 member VBS class of 6 year olds at her church. Let's see, I re-arranged my bedroom with Emilee. I have worked, and last but most certainly not least, I planned a surprise trip up to D.C. to see Bryon the weekend after his birthday (July 24th, Thursday!) Darlene, my Aunt De, and myself departed on July 25th, this past Friday, and headed up to D.C. together! What a great time of fellowship and getting to know one another on a whole new and different level. As I sat in the back seat listening to my aunt and Bryon's momma talk to each other, I was all of a sudden thankful for what the Lord has given me. I am thankful for my family, the ones that have taken such great watch over me and my brother since my momma died when I was in the seventh grade. Not only am I thankful for mine, but also for Bryon's family, the ones who I have come to know and love. I realize that God has put such wonderful people in my life for a reason. How else can I sum it up other than to simply say, "I am blessed."
Needless to say, the trip up was hilarious, the time spent there was priceless, and the departure wasn't half as sad as it was when we left Bryon for a month! That might sound wimpy, but again, I'm serious! I'm not the best when it comes to goodbyes! (I am told by my grandpa that it's never "Goodbye", but "See you later". I like that.) Anyways, this time, telling Bryon 'see you later' meant only for one week as opposed to one month, so all was good and well. I'll never forget the trip. Arriving, surprising Bryon as he came into Rockefeller's Office, getting a personal tour from the most handsome tour guide I've ever saw, eating cupcakes from a gift box for Bryon's birthday in the hotel room, lots of nighttime walking and metro adventures, good talks, one trip off the sidewalk, a morning run, and a dinner at the Cheesecake factory. I wouldn't trade the memories for the world!

I love this boy.


Happy late birthday, BryoN!
How cool is this?! On Friday evening, Aunt De, Darlene, and I were riding the escalator up from the metro and we heard classical music. We actually commented on how pretty it sounded, just assuming that it was being played over the loud speaker for some reason. Here's what we saw at the top of the escalator!
This is my friend, Toni. She didn't want her picture taken, even after I asked her. This is the best shot of us together. I have no clue what I'm doing with my arm, here. If you look close, she's checking out my phone. Haha.
The Twins. I'm sure you recognize them, Bryon! The girl in the back of this picture in the pink shirt found me one evening and asked me to tell her about Jesus! I did and we prayed together and she invited Him into her heart!!!!!!!! Praise the Lord!
Digging for fossils at the Dino Detective themed Bible School.
Here's an interesting conversation that I had with a little girl before VBS started one night at the church.
Erin is excited about heading up her surprise trip to see Bryon in D.C. She looks to her left at the little blond headed girl who grabs her cell phone and asks about the picture of Bryon.
"That's my boyfriend!" I say to the little girl. "He is sooo handsome!" I say in an over exaggerated voice.
After scrunching up her nose to me (I guess I forgot that guys have cooties at this age) she asks his name.
"Bryon" I tell her. I also go on to say, "He's been gone for a month now. He works in Washington D.C. His birthday is soon, and I'm going to go and surprise him there! I am making him a cake to take, too!"
The little girl looks at me. She is excited now. "Great! That's cool" she tells me.
"What flavor of cake do you think I should make?" I wondered outloud.
With a serious tone, she answers, "Chocolate. Boys like chocolate cake, with chocolate icing."
Haha...as if the poor 6 year old cared about my relationship with my boyfriend, I found myself talking it up with her and enjoying it! I can't wait to teach!
I just thought her answer was cute, and I thought I'd share it.
Is it true? Do all boys really prefer chocolate cake over yellow...or even strawberry?!

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Hey Erin,
I enjoy reading your blog. I check it often. I'm glad Bryon gets to come home to you soon.
Jenny (Clarke) Duncan

thumms said...

How fun! I love surprises--especially romantical ones! xoxo kerri

Erin said...

Jenny,
Thanks for checking my blog! I check yours often, too!

Kerri,
I normally like surprises too, but this time I had such nervous butterflies in my stomach!! I was so excited.

FarcinsFollies said...

I sent Bryon a e-card for his birthday and I started to write, "I bet you can't wait to see Erin tomorrow" and then I remembered it was a surprise!! (that's why no one tells me anything). thank goodness I didn't blow it!!

Erin said...

Hahaha...Marlene! That sounds exactly like something I would do! That made me laugh.